For many people, the science behind Botox injections doesn’t so much matter, as long as the result is everything they could want it to be, and more. However, isn’t it essential to understand at least the basic information behind Botox and how it works so you can make a fully informed decision? Below, we cover a few facts about Botox injections.
Botox injections don’t consist entirely of a synthetic product. Instead, they are a direct result of toxins released by a soil bacteria called Clostridium Botulinum. These toxins released by the bacteria affect the body’s muscular junctions, stopping your body from releasing acetylcholine – a chemical it uses to help your muscles contract.
This chemical forms a vital role in transmitting information to your nerve cells. Because the toxin interrupts and ultimately ceases this process, it causes a reaction known as chemical denervation, resulting in paralysis in that area.
How Have We Used Botox Over the Years
One of the first discoveries, before medical professionals came to understand how effective Botox injections were, was that the Botulinum toxin could interfere and alter your neuromuscular signal transmittances. Both doctors and scientists then set about isolating this property, trying to figure out how they could apply it to the medical field. First, however, they would have more sinister uses....
Whether you’re male or female, hair loss can affect anyone. What’s more, there are many different reasons, and sometimes it doesn’t matter whether you use natural hair care products or not – you can’t always avoid it. While organic and natural ingredients can help to promote healthier hair growth, there are a host of reasons why hair loss may be something from which you suffer. Here are a few of the many reasons why, and what you may be able to do to make a change.
Unfortunately, genetics is not something you can change. If your parents suffer from hair loss, then there’s every reason to believe you can too. Even conditions such as alopecia can be passed down through the generations.
Changes in Your Hormone Levels
If you suffer from a hormonal imbalance as a result of a thyroid issue, menopause, or even an ovarian cyst, then your hair can suffer as a result. Your hair follicles and roots can weaken, accelerating hair loss far beyond what you would typically see. You may like to try a natural hair care shampoo to see if it can slow it down.
When you find yourself stressed at home or work, your entire body suffers – both your skin health and your hair. You can become dehydrated, exhausted, and hair follicles are not able to access the same nutrients as before. Therefore, they weaken which can cause your hair to fall out. Get your stress under control, and you may be able to stop the dramatic hair loss....
Drug rehab treatment at a facility such as Sivana Rehab is notoriously costly and for those who may have spent years as an addict it is almost impossible to afford, especially if it is a residential clinic. The day clinics are cheaper, but their recovery rate may not be as high due to the addict returning to a high-risk environment each night. However, there are some free residential clinics available, which may be a good option for those who want to kick the habit that is wrecking their lives.
While state funded rehab clinics are available, there are pros and cons to using them. Here are some things to consider before making a choice.
- The biggest pro is that these clinics are free of charge. People who absolutely cannot afford the cost of drug rehab can get help.
- They are often reasonably close so there is little cost for travelling.
- If you have no or few financial resources, they are certainly better than nothing.
- They are residential, so you don’t have to return to a high risk environment each night.
- They use programmes that have worked for many drug addicts in the past.
- They have some volunteer medical staff, so you are likely to get people who know a lot about drug treatment.
Sometimes we do stupid things when we are young and regret them a great deal as we mature. Tattoos come under this heading. During that time of our teens and early twenties we are in a rebellious frame of mind and may get extensive tattoos that we realise a few years down the track look very ugly. If that has happened to you, consider investigating PicoSure Tattoo Removal.
Once, it was well-known that if you got a tat you would have it for life whether you wanted it or not. When you are young you don’t realise that having a tattoo can actually interfere with your job prospects and even with your social life. If the tattoo is extensive and ugly you will probably be branded as a bikie or a criminal even if you never learned to ride a motorbike or saw the inside of a police station.
You would not be accepted for any kind of job where security of any kind was important. You couldn’t work with children or do many other things that you may want to and had the skills to do. That is why you suddenly realise that it is time to get rid of the tat. Or on the other hand you might just want to replace it with a different one for some reason.
PicoSure tattoo removal uses special laser treatment to break down the ink in the tattoo so that your body will see it as a foreign substance and be able to remove it. The benefit of the new treatment is that the pulse of the laser is much faster than previous similar treatments. This allows a stronger pulse to be delivered with fewer complications or damage to the skin....
If a spouse or a child who still lives at home is addicted to drugs it can be very difficult to live with, especially if they become violent. It’s important to get them into drug rehab, but of course, you can’t force other adults to do this if they don’t want to. So how do you deal with the addiction and the violence? It is important if someone is violent for whatever reason to make sure you and your children remain safe.
Sometimes, the only way to do this is to leave. There are women’s shelters you can go to, or you might be able to stay with a friend or another family member until the danger is passed – until next time. Never confront such a person about their behaviour while they are angry or violent. Wait until they have calmed down and then tell them that if they don’t seek help you will need to leave.
Never think that their problem is your fault, even if they try to blame you. This is a cop-out for them; if they blame you then they don’t feel they have to change. If your loved one is not violent, but simply addicted to alcohol or drugs, encourage them to seek help by going to a treatment clinic or by joining Alcoholics Anonymous. Wait until they are relatively sober before suggesting it though, or they are unlikely to remember what you said or what they promised....
There is always some risk to your health when travelling even if it just because you will be mingling with a lot of people from different places who could spread the kinds of germs that your body has not built up immunity to. When going to places such as Indonesia and especially Bali, there are things you can do to reduce the risk of getting sick and having your holiday spoiled. Here are some tips to stay healthy in Bali.
- First of all, take out sickness insurance before you leave home. This will ensure that you can be flown home quickly should you get hurt or sick, rather than going to a hospital that may not have the same quality of health care or the facilities that you are used to.
- Remember that Rabies is rife in Bali, so watch for wild animals and don’t try and pet the monkeys or the dogs. You can get rabies from a bite or a scratch.
Juvederm is a dermal filler product used to smooth out wrinkles and lines in the face. It is made from Hyaluronic acid, (HA) a substance that is found naturally in the body that delivers nutrients to the skin and helps it to remain soft and plump. Some dermal fillers also contain lidocaine, a topical anaesthetic that helps with localised pain of the injection. Many women find dermal fillers can help them even better than Botox, but you don’t have to choose one over the other, because both can be used.
Botox vs. dermal fillers?
Botox is often the preferred treatment for wrinkles on the top half of the face, although it can be used for the bottom half as well. But often, a better result is obtained by using dermal fillers to plump up the lips and fill out vertical lines around them. It is also used for those deep lines that run from the edge of your nose down to the mouth. Once these creases have been softened you will notice a big difference in your appearance. It can take years off your age.
Dermal fillers last longer
Juvederm is one of the most popular of dermal fillers, although there are other products used in the same way. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm last much longer than Botox injections, with two years being the expected length of time before you need to have it done again. With Botox, the time is 3-4 months, so you can see what a difference it is....
Most people who go to an orthodontist like Candlewood Dental Centre to have braces fitted to their teeth are either children or teenagers. It is natural for them to feel very nervous about the whole thing, wondering what exactly will happen and whether it will hurt. This is natural, since they can easily equate this trip with going to a dentist where they may have had a tooth filled.
However, when you go to the dental specialist to have your teeth assessed for treatment, the good news is that it certainly won’t cause any pain, at least on the first consultation. This is the time when you will have –
- digital scans or
- perhaps plaster moulds done,
often by a dental hygienist rather than the orthodontist.
The second part of the consultation is when the orthodontist examines all these things and assesses the shape of your face, teeth, gums and jaw and tells you exactly what is needed. He or she will give you all the details you need and you’ll be able to ask questions about things that might worry you. You may want to consider this for a while before making any decisions. However, if you or your child needs braces, it is best to go ahead quickly with the treatment to get it over and done with....
There are plenty of tips and advice around to make your skin more healthy, but it doesn’t pay to take advice from just anywhere. Skin is the largest organ of your body and as such, needs sensible care that is simpler than you may think. Many problems with skin are due to what is put on it in the form of chemicals. A natural approach can be far more effective, especially if you have sensitive skin. Here are some musts for healthy skin.
- Use skin care products that don’t contain a boatload of chemicals. Even dyes and fragrances can irritate the skin. Go for a skin care product that is gentle and mild.
- Skin should not feel tight after you have finished your daily care routine. If it does, you’ve probably stripped away the natural oils that are there to protect it.
- Stop dry skin by using moisturiser after washing your face.
- Find out what type of skin you have and purchase products to suit it rather than choosing what your favourite singer uses. Realise that you can have oily skin on parts of your face and dry on other parts.
- Reduce your stress levels – even if you are stressing out over a zit. Stress is bad for the health of your skin as well as for your whole body. Set apart some ‘me time’ or use some kind of relaxation technique.
- Moisturise your skin regularly especially if you spend a lot of time swimming. After showering is the best time as that helps it lock in moisture. Pat your face dry rather than scrubbing at it with the towel.
- Get plenty of exercise; it’s not only good for your health overall, but especially good for the skin as it helps to remove toxins and reduce stress. It also helps the skin to produce collagen, which reduces wrinkles.
Gum disease is basically inflammation of the gums that occurs due to the bacterial growth caused by the plaque that remains on the teeth when teeth and gums are not cleaned and flossed daily. Just like Joondalup City Dental, every dentist will tell you that oral health is essential and you need to keep your teeth clean and to know how to clean them properly.
In addition, having your teeth checked regularly will ensure that tartar is cleaned from under the gums. Tartar forms when plaque is left on the teeth and eventually goes hard. In this condition it is impossible to remove it with a toothbrush; it can only be removed by the dentist. If it is not removed, it is one of several conditions that lead to gum disease.
There are two types of gum disease
- Gingivitis, which causes soft, swollen, red gums that often bleed easily. With careful cleaning and treatment to remove tartar, this condition can be reversed.
- Periodontitis otherwise known as periodontal disease, happens when gingivitis is not properly treated and spreads to ligaments and bones around the teeth. If not treated it can lead to teeth becoming loose and falling out. Even then it can continue to effect the jaw bone. It is essential to have professional dental treatment for this condition. If this does not happen the infection can spread to other parts of the body and cause many serious problems including stroke.
Nutrition is a word that is bandied about in many women’s magazines and even on television. We are told to have a healthy diet and also take supplements so that we get enough nutrition, add nutritional powders of all kinds to our fruit juice, juice our fruits and vegetables to ensure we don’t miss some vital vitamin and so on. So what’s the problem with this? Here are a few facts that could surprise you.
- Supplements: In tablet form, many supplements are synthetic. Our body often cannot make use of them in the same way it does with ‘real’ food. Often, the body doesn’t even recognise the supplement as food, so it just doesn’t get absorbed into the blood stream and taken to the areas that need it. The vitamins and minerals that come from a natural diet are bound up in highly complex molecular structures that cannot be duplicated by those chemical processes that are used in making supplements. Some tablets do not even get dissolved in the digestive system, but pass straight through, wasting your money and leaving you devoid of all those healthy vitamins you thought were making you healthy. Additionally, some supplements are made from genetically modified food and you don’t even know it.
Botox treatment is not complicated. It is simply a matter of having injections in the site you want to have wrinkles removed from. However, to get to the point of treatment you will need to see the doctor first and make an appointment for the treatment. It is important to take note of what the doctor tells you and be sure to apply it where necessary.
What your doctor needs to know
You will need to tell the doctor about any medical or other conditions you have and what medications you are taking, including supplements and herbal remedies. It is important for the doctor to know about such things, because many of them thin the blood and so will make bruising more likely. You will need to go off these medications before the treatment. However, if you have a medical condition you need to take medication for on a regular basis, you should consult your GP first. It is possible that you may not be able to undergo Botox treatment in this case. Be guided by your doctors in all cases.
To make-up – or not
Once your appointment is set up and you arrive for the treatment, you will find that any makeup must be removed. It would be quite okay to go in without wearing any make-up. Depending on how many units of Botox you need for your treatment and where the injection site is, you may be given local or topical anaesthetic....
Every surgical procedure has some kind of side-effects. Since liposuction is surgery, it too, has certain side-effects that you should know about. That is not to say that they should cause you concern; it is just something you need to cope with for the result you want. If you have concerns about anything, don’t be afraid to discuss it with your doctor beforehand.
Why there are variations in the side effects
There will be different side effects for different kinds of liposuction in Perth. It depends on: –
- The number of incisions – the side effects for a patient having only a few incisions will be quite different for someone who has many incisions over a wide area.
- The size of the area treated – as above. A larger area will require more incisions.
- What kind of anaesthetic is used. The general anaesthetic itself will often cause certain side effects such as nausea, vomiting and sometimes, chills. Since it is more a strong sedative than a pain killer, there will be more pain afterwards than if a local numbing agent is used alone – or used with it.
If you are hosting a party you will want all your guests to have a great time, so you need to pay attention to all the many details there are in getting a party off the ground. There are many things to arrange, from getting a good DJ and music to deciding what drinks and nibbles you’ll have. If you ask Lumin8 Events, one way to ensure guests have fun is to hire a photo booth.
Photo booth hire has become a popular trend for parties and other events. Everyone wants to look back on a party and remember what a good time they had. And everyone loves to look at photos. Put the two together and you’ll see a photo booth at your party will ensure your guests get both. They’ll not only have the photos to look at afterwards, but have lots of fun getting them taken on the night....